The bus from PODGORICA to SUBOTICA pass through the cities of BAČKA TOPOLA, BELGRADE, ČAČAK, NOVI SAD, POŽEGA, PRIJEPOLJE, UŽICE (depending on the route).The first bus leaves at 20:45, while the last departure at 22:40. The road is about 679 km. Average length of travel according to the timetable is 13 hours and 12 mins.
As the bus crosses the border during the tourist season unforeseen maintenance are possible. Be sure to bring your identification documents. Bus crew will create a list of the names of passengers before crossing the border. Luggage is usually paid per bag on all departures depending on the carrier.
Buses are generally high-class with air conditioning, ABS, comfortable passenger seats and similar.
Timetable From PODGORICA to SUBOTICA can be found for days:
Bus companies which operate from PODGORICA to SUBOTICA are:Jadran ekspres Subotica, BLUE LINE.
Bus station Podgorica is located near the city center (approximately 900 meters). With over 300 departures, 100 carriers and over one milion travelers per year bus station Podgorica is the most importante bus terminalin Montenegro. The bus station is close to the railway station. Nearby the station is hotel Terminus and shopping centar ''Mall of Montenegro''. Podgorica bus station has many facilities as cafe, stores, restaurants, post, bank, parking, tourist and rent-a-car agency, WiFi, WC..etc... Staff is kind and ready to answer to all of your questions. You can reach station by public transport: bus 6. With that bus you can go to the city center – hotel Crna Gora and National Theatre.
- Box Offices Opening hours: 00:00-24:00
- Phone: +382 (0)20 620 430
- working hours: 06:00-22:00
- price for luggage is for 24 h: 2,00€
You can't exit to stations departure platform if you haven't bought a bus ticket or validated a return ticket or bought a platform ticket at the ticket office.
- Linija 6 - Željeznička stanica - Zlatica
The city of Subotica lies on the north of the Republic of Serbia, in the Vojvodina region, along the main European transit routes and between two rivers: the Danube and the Tisa. Abundant cultural heritage with astoundingly decorated buildings, multicultural spirit of Serbian and Hungarian origin, as well as overall European charm – these are all the features that make this city worth visiting. Subotica has made its name thanks for its relaxed atmosphere, spendid food and wines of the highest quality. Festivals, events, concerts, vibrant cultural life all year long are nothing short of and are an additional reason to visit this city.
Palić, the lake and the settlement by the same name that are 8 kilometres east of Subotica offer something new, unrepeatable and unforgettable at any season for its visitors. Outstanding facilities from the beginning of the 20th century: the Water Tower, the Grand Terrace, the Women’s Lido and the Music Pavilion, the splendid park, the well-known lake, peace and silence make Palić an ideal space for rest and relaxation. At the moment Palić provides high category hotels, renowned luxury and comfortable villas in the so called “Palić style”, as well as numerous lodgings and private boarding houses.
The City Hall, the very centre and the landmark of Subotica, was built between 1908 and 1912. It is 76m high and covers an area of 5838 m². The design of the Hall was done by Komor and Jakab, the famous Budapest architects. The decorative features of Art Nouveau are combined with the pecularities of the Hungarian folklore, embelished by floral elements made of ceramics and wrought ironwork forging. The Council Hall and its splendid stained glass windows are the heart of the building. It is being used for Assembly sessions, concerts, weddings and important gatherings. Likewise in the past, the City Hall hosts city administration, the Historical archives, boutiques and banks. City Hall's 45 m high observatory attracts visitors with the unforgettable panoramic overview of Subotica and itssurroundings.
Raichle Palace: It was built in 1904 by the architect Ferenc Raichle with the intention to make his home and his design studio. Expensive materials combined with the unusual combination of colours, the variety of forms and the breath-taking interior and the backyard make this sumptuous house an exceptional example of the Art Nouveau architecture. At present, it hosts the Modern Art Gallery “Likovni susret”.
The Water Tower: The architects of the building envisaged entering the Grand Park and resort through abundantly decorated entrance – The Water Tower. It was designed in Hungarian Art Nouveau style, inspired by folk elements: handicrafts, laces and embroidery. This symbol of Palić was formally open in 1912.
The Cathedral was built in late baroque style and is dedicated to the patron saint of Subotica, St. Theresa of Avila, whose figure appears in the city’s coat-of-arms as well. It was built in 1779 and has been renovated several times since then. In 1974, the Pope awarded the church with the title of a smaller basilica.
Franciscan Church: This Church dedicated to St. Michael the Archangel was erected in 1736, on the ruins of the medieval fortress dating from the 15th century. Attached to it is a friary with a chapel dedicated to the votive painting, the Black Madonna. The church, known as a neo-Romanticism building, is part of the Franciscan monastery.
Main Square: Unlike many European towns, in Subotica the City Hall dominates the Main Square instead of a church or a cathedral. The City Hall is a masterpiece of Hungarian version of Art Nouveau built in 1912. It is next to the park with a fountain and a vast square where many concerts and bazaars are held throughout the year. It is surrounded by the building of People's Theatre that is undergoing a major reconstruction. Originally it was a classic style building characterized by six Corinthian columns. On the Eastern side of the square there is a neo-baroque building of The Public Library. The two Atlases carrying one of the nicest balconies in the city make this building charming. The Emperor Jovan Nenad Monument in the middle of the square represents a controversial historical figure. He styled himself emperor and pronounced Subotica his capital in 1527, but all lasted for a very short period of time. Not far from the monument there are two fountains. The Green Fountain (1985) and the Blue Fountain (2001) are the pearls of the city centre. Both were made of Zsolnay tiles, likewise all decorative ceramics and roof tiles of the city’s Art Nouveau buildings.
Serbian Subotica-Horgoš wine region is a part of the great Pannonian sands between the rivers Danube and Tisa. Here, vineyards cover belt north of Subotica and Palić. The experience of grape growers and winemakers have resulted in the natural selection of grape varieties that proved to possess the best qualities of adaptation to the local climate and dominantly sandy terrain while at the same time capable of producing wines of the highest quality. There are quite some number of wineries, from small family wineries and cozy wine cellars to a world-class estate recognized beyond the borders of the country.