Bus from Budva to SuboticaSee timetable and Buy Ticket
The bus from BUDVA to SUBOTICA pass through the cities of BAČKA TOPOLA, BELGRADE, BIJELO POLJE, ČAČAK, GORNJI MILANOVAC, KOLAŠIN, KULA, MOJKOVAC, NOVI SAD, PETROVAC, PODGORICA, POŽEGA, PRIJEPOLJE, SUTOMORE, UŽICE (depending on the route).The first bus leaves at 19:20, while the last departure at 21:00. The road is about 746 km. Average length of travel according to the timetable is 14 hours and 45 mins.
As the bus crosses the border during the tourist season unforeseen maintenance are possible. Be sure to bring your identification documents. Bus crew will create a list of the names of passengers before crossing the border. Luggage is usually paid per bag on all departures depending on the carrier.
Buses are generally high-class with air conditioning, ABS, comfortable passenger seats and similar.
Timetable From BUDVA to SUBOTICA can be found for days:
Bus companies which operate from BUDVA to SUBOTICA are:BOŽUR, Lens Beograd.
Budva is a Montenegrin town on the Adriatic Sea, it has around 37,000 inhabitants, and it is the centre of Budva Municipality. The coastal area around Budva, called the Budva riviera, is the center of Montenegrin tourism, known for its well-preserved medieval walled city, sandy beaches and diverse nightlife. Budva is 2,500 years old, which makes it one of the oldest settlements on the Adriatic coast.
The Old Town of Budva is situated on a rocky peninsula, on the southern end of Budva field. Archaeological evidence suggests that Illyrian settlement was formed on the site of the Old Town before Greek colonization of the Adriatic. While the site was permanently settled since Roman era, most of existing city walls and buildings were erected during the Venetian rule.
The entire town is encircled with defensive stone walls. The fortifications of Budva are typical of the Medieval walled cities of the Adriatic, complete with towers, embrasures, fortified city gates and a citadel.
The layout of the town is roughly orthogonal, although many streets deviate from the grid, resulting in somewhat irregular pattern, with many piazzas connected with narrow streets. Today, the entire city within the walls is pedestrian-only.
The town citadel is situated on the southern tip of the city. Originally known as Castle of St Mary, fortification was continually rebuilt and expanded through Middle Ages, reaching its final form during the Austro-Hungarian rule. The sea-facing 160m long ramparts of the citadel, complete with eastern and western towers, are intricately connected to the rest of the city walls. Austrian stone barracks form the most prominent structure within the castle, separating the citadel from the rest of the walled city. Ruins of the Santa Maria de Castello church, after which the entire complex was originally named, are located within the citadel.
A large public square is located to the north of the citadel, containing all of the churches of the old town - St. Ivan church (17th century), Santa Maria in Punta (840 AD), and The Holy Trinity church (1804).
Tourism is the main driver of the economy of Budva. It is a significant tourist destination on the eastern Adriatic, and by far the most popular destination in Montenegro.
Budva is well known regionally as the capital of nightlife of the eastern Adriatic. The first discothèques in Budva started to emerge during the 1980s, as hotel-attached dance clubs. However, the clubbing scene mushroomed in 1990s, with numerous open-air clubs opening along the Budva sea promenade. This trend continued into the 2000s, with Old Town and its promenade hosting a large number of bars, pubs and restaurants, and two big clubs, Top Hill and Trocadero, dominating the clubbing scene.
The Budva Riviera has some of the most attractive beaches of south Adriatic, and the most pleasant climate in Montenegro. Mogren beach is arguably the best known and most attractive of the Budva city beaches, nested beneath the cliffs of the Spas hill, between cape Mogren and the Avala hotel. The beach is separated from the city by the slopes of Spas hill that plunge to the sea, and is only accessible by a 250m long narrow path along the cliffs. Other city beaches include the small Ričardova glava ("Richard's Head") and Pizana beaches, next to the Old Town, as well as the 1.6 km (1.0 mi) long Slovenska plaža (Slav beach), that makes up the most of the city's coast.
However, majority of the beaches of Budva Riviera are outside of the city itself. Jaz Beach is a long and spacious beach west of Budva, its hinterland serving as a popular concert and festival venue, as well as a campground. Bečići resort town, with its long sandy beach, is situated south-east of the city, separated from Budva by the Zavala peninsula.
Further to the south, numerous small beaches and towns, make up the more high end and exclusive part of Budva Riviera. This is especially true for the famous Sveti Stefan town, but also for other smaller Paštrovići settlements in the area, that once were unassuming fishing villages. The area of Sveti Stefan and Pržno, including Miločer resort with its park and secluded beaches, is considered the most exclusive area of the Montenegrin coast.
The town of Petrovac and the undeveloped Buljarica field occupy the very south of the Budva municipality.
Sveti Nikola Island is located opposite of Old Town, 1 kilometre (0.6 miles) across the Budva bay. It is a mostly undeveloped island with some beautiful beaches. Well connected to the mainland with water bus, it is a popular excursion site for tourists visiting Budva.
The city of Subotica lies on the north of the Republic of Serbia, in the Vojvodina region, along the main European transit routes and between two rivers: the Danube and the Tisa. Abundant cultural heritage with astoundingly decorated buildings, multicultural spirit of Serbian and Hungarian origin, as well as overall European charm – these are all the features that make this city worth visiting. Subotica has made its name thanks for its relaxed atmosphere, spendid food and wines of the highest quality. Festivals, events, concerts, vibrant cultural life all year long are nothing short of and are an additional reason to visit this city.
Palić, the lake and the settlement by the same name that are 8 kilometres east of Subotica offer something new, unrepeatable and unforgettable at any season for its visitors. Outstanding facilities from the beginning of the 20th century: the Water Tower, the Grand Terrace, the Women’s Lido and the Music Pavilion, the splendid park, the well-known lake, peace and silence make Palić an ideal space for rest and relaxation. At the moment Palić provides high category hotels, renowned luxury and comfortable villas in the so called “Palić style”, as well as numerous lodgings and private boarding houses.
The City Hall, the very centre and the landmark of Subotica, was built between 1908 and 1912. It is 76m high and covers an area of 5838 m². The design of the Hall was done by Komor and Jakab, the famous Budapest architects. The decorative features of Art Nouveau are combined with the pecularities of the Hungarian folklore, embelished by floral elements made of ceramics and wrought ironwork forging. The Council Hall and its splendid stained glass windows are the heart of the building. It is being used for Assembly sessions, concerts, weddings and important gatherings. Likewise in the past, the City Hall hosts city administration, the Historical archives, boutiques and banks. City Hall's 45 m high observatory attracts visitors with the unforgettable panoramic overview of Subotica and itssurroundings.
Raichle Palace: It was built in 1904 by the architect Ferenc Raichle with the intention to make his home and his design studio. Expensive materials combined with the unusual combination of colours, the variety of forms and the breath-taking interior and the backyard make this sumptuous house an exceptional example of the Art Nouveau architecture. At present, it hosts the Modern Art Gallery “Likovni susret”.
The Water Tower: The architects of the building envisaged entering the Grand Park and resort through abundantly decorated entrance – The Water Tower. It was designed in Hungarian Art Nouveau style, inspired by folk elements: handicrafts, laces and embroidery. This symbol of Palić was formally open in 1912.
The Cathedral was built in late baroque style and is dedicated to the patron saint of Subotica, St. Theresa of Avila, whose figure appears in the city’s coat-of-arms as well. It was built in 1779 and has been renovated several times since then. In 1974, the Pope awarded the church with the title of a smaller basilica.
Franciscan Church: This Church dedicated to St. Michael the Archangel was erected in 1736, on the ruins of the medieval fortress dating from the 15th century. Attached to it is a friary with a chapel dedicated to the votive painting, the Black Madonna. The church, known as a neo-Romanticism building, is part of the Franciscan monastery.
Main Square: Unlike many European towns, in Subotica the City Hall dominates the Main Square instead of a church or a cathedral. The City Hall is a masterpiece of Hungarian version of Art Nouveau built in 1912. It is next to the park with a fountain and a vast square where many concerts and bazaars are held throughout the year. It is surrounded by the building of People's Theatre that is undergoing a major reconstruction. Originally it was a classic style building characterized by six Corinthian columns. On the Eastern side of the square there is a neo-baroque building of The Public Library. The two Atlases carrying one of the nicest balconies in the city make this building charming. The Emperor Jovan Nenad Monument in the middle of the square represents a controversial historical figure. He styled himself emperor and pronounced Subotica his capital in 1527, but all lasted for a very short period of time. Not far from the monument there are two fountains. The Green Fountain (1985) and the Blue Fountain (2001) are the pearls of the city centre. Both were made of Zsolnay tiles, likewise all decorative ceramics and roof tiles of the city’s Art Nouveau buildings.
Serbian Subotica-Horgoš wine region is a part of the great Pannonian sands between the rivers Danube and Tisa. Here, vineyards cover belt north of Subotica and Palić. The experience of grape growers and winemakers have resulted in the natural selection of grape varieties that proved to possess the best qualities of adaptation to the local climate and dominantly sandy terrain while at the same time capable of producing wines of the highest quality. There are quite some number of wineries, from small family wineries and cozy wine cellars to a world-class estate recognized beyond the borders of the country.