The bus from SARAJEVO to BIJELJINA pass through the cities of KONJEVIĆ POLJE, MILIĆI, PALE, ZVORNIK (depending on the route). On this route there is only one departure. The road is about 176 km. Average length of travel according to the timetable is 05 hours and 30 mins. Luggage is usually paid per bag on all departures depending on the carrier.
Buses are middle and high class, but on the shorter distances carriers can travel by turist van or small bus.
Timetable From SARAJEVO to BIJELJINA can be found for days:
Bus companies which operate from SARAJEVO to BIJELJINA are:Centrotrans Sarajevo.
Sarajevo has two bus stations: main bus station and bus station in east part of the cuty, in Lukavica.
The main Sarajevo bus station is located near the city center, near the main railway station. The main bus station is the starting point for most buses to the rest of Bosnia and Herzegovina, as well as to international for Croatia, Slovenia and Western Europe. For buses which operate to destinations in Serbia and Montenegro and the Republic of Serbian starting station is Lukovica.
The main bus station in Sarajevo is large and spacious. There are more than 10 platform. Inside the station there are cafes and small restaurants, with shops and kebab stores. Inside and outside the station there are kiosks. The station also has a toilet. Cellular service are charged 1 KM. Near the station is the main train station.
Address: Put Life 2, 71000, Sarajevo
Phone: +387 33 21 31 00
Bus station Lukavica is located in the eastern part of Sarajevo, so if you are in the center, we recommend a cab ride or trolley bus No.103 or 107 that goes to the station Dobrinja. The bus station Lukavica from Dobrinja station is 2 minutes on foot. Keep in mind that driving a trolley bus takes a long time and tend to be large crowds. Therefore, if you are traveling with luggage, consider that you take a taxi, which is relatively cheap in Sarajevo. The station has covered platforms, cafe, restaurant, shop and waiting room. Exit the platform is controlled and is not possible without a ticket. Bus station East Sarajevo is open every day from 05h to 22h.
Address: Srpskih vladara 2, 71123, Istočno Sarajevo
Phone: +387 57 317 377
Bijeljina is the city and center of the municipality of the same name in the northeastern part of the Republic of Srpska. The municipality's area is 734 km² and the total population is approximately 114,663. The city is the historical center of Semberija and one of the richest cities of Bosnia and Herzegovina. As a fertile plain town, it is one of the centers for the production and trade of food. Bijeljina is recognizable by the spacious central square, whose beauty enhances the pleasant ambience of the City Park.
In May 2012, the Government of the Republic of Srpska made a decision to change the status of the municipality of Bijeljina by which Bijeljina was granted the status of the city in 1992.
In the area of Bijeljina municipality, for now the oldest confirmed traces of human life originate from the young Stone Age (5000-3000 BC). Remains from the period of the Neolithic, Bronze and Iron Age and Antique period were also recorded. Locations Gradac and Agricultural Land were searched in Batković, Glavičice, Kućerina in Dvorovi, Kočinovac village, Brodić in Triješnica, and from the ancient period, a Roman villa was discovered at the location of Prekaja in Brodac, and in Velika Obarska was found a lead tile of cult purposes with a play 'Danubian horsemen'.
The most famous Old Serbian and Old Slavic site was explored on both sides of Bistrica between the villages of Batković and Ostojićevo and consisted of 4 localities between the 7th and 12th centuries. It is especially important that a large complex of workshops in the metallurgical settlement where the ancestors in the 8th century dissolved iron and produced iron tools was explored at the Čelopek locality, as clearly evidenced by the finding of the gus - graphite pot kept in the Bijeljina Museum. At this time, the settlement of Bistrica, the likely name of Bistrica, was undoubtedly the center of the parish which encompassed the entire plain before Bijeljina emerged.
The first mention of the name Bijeljina is lost in the distant past. In the "Yearbook of Pop Dukljanin" one victory of Zahumski prince Bele - Pavlimiro against Hungarians "is mentioned in the Belina plain". Today in science it is believed that the first sure significance of the settlement of Bijeljina was that of March 3, 1446, when a Dubrovnik merchant was robbed by the people of Ilica Ban.
Bijeljina is a rare city that has only changed the entire population in only the last 500 years. For the first time it was with the arrival of the Turks in 1520, and the second time with the arrival of the Austrians in 1716. According to the Zvornik Sandzak census in 1533, only 4 villages are mentioned in the abandoned Bijeljina region: Cetvrtkovište, Mirkovci (Dašnica), Grm (Galac) and Čukojevići (Modran) with 55 houses in total. In the next census of 1548, there were 17 villages with 772 houses, of which 554 were Orthodox and 218 Muslim. From this time also is the oldest building in the Bijeljina municipality, which is the spiritual center of the Serbs of this region - the Tavna Monastery, the non-Banjanic endowment.